July 12, 2012

Thoughtful Thursday

The week has zipped by! Thursday already! It's starting to get humdidity again, too. I hope beans remember their furry families and make sure we are well hydrated!
And woofies, I don't mean hydrants. The stuff that comes out of them!!
Mama was looking on PetFinder last night.  She only found one kitty from my rescue place, but there were a lot of babies and lady cats waiting for homes. There was a pair of litter mates who had lived together for seven years and would only get a furever home if they could both go! How sweet! I hope someone falls in love with them!!
I don't mind mama looking at pictures  of kitties (and woofies, too).  It makes her preciate me more! She held me last night as we looked through the pictures and she said, "look at all the little ones who are looking for homes! I hope they all find one. Wouldn't that be nice if they all got furever homes just like you did?" Yes it would!!!
She also asked if I would mind helping some of them find homes and would I be jealous. No, I wouldn't!!! Nice beans helped me find my furever home!
Maybe mama can do some volunteering.  She can't foster, cause of the rules here about registering animals and paying fees for us, but she would love to.  I, however, don't know if I could take a little baby running and jumping and playing.  I'm too old!!
We love living in this building, cause it's so animal friendly.  Lots of nice woofies and kitties! I do feel sorry for the woofies that have to go for walkies in the winter here. Brrrr. I'll take doing my business inside, thank you very much! But several of them have little coats, so maybe it's not too bad for them. One of mama's sisters has a dachhound (named Molly) and she has some sweaters and a coat.  She refuses to wear booties, though. And they have to shovel a path for her in the winter cause she's so small. And spoiled. They live in the country north of here. They live by a lake, and they have loons on their lake.  Feavers!!! Country tv!!!
The movie tonight is a family picture about a girl named Akeelah and her bee.  Mama said it isn't a pet bee, it means a spelling bee. Why would anyone keep a bee anyway?? Just cause it spells??? Or is it a wizard or something???
Enough thinking for a while. I caught up on my favorite bloggies and now it is nap  time.  Maybe a head scritchy first, though. Mommmm! I'm comfortable.  Come skritchy me before I fall to sleep!

love
brandi

9 comments:

Rene said...

That would be pawsome if your mom could volunteer. There are lots of ways to help.

Akeelah and the Bee is a good movie. I'm sure everyone will like it.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Anything you can do to help is quite thoughtful!

Callie (a.k.a. Trouble) said...

Mommie found out about Sassy and me on Petfinder - it is a great site!

Mickey's Musings said...

We think it is nice of your Mom to want to volunteer :) We bet she would be god too!
You are looking so cozy we wish you sweet dreams.
We purr you and your Mom are well and cool.
Purrs Tillie and Georgia,
Tiger,Treasure and JJ

Katie Isabella said...

You have a dear mommy but you knew that already. xox

Seville at Nerissa's Life said...

Oh, I'm sure your mama will find a way to help the little kitties at the shelter. My peeps do fund-raising but I know other peeps go into the shelter and clean cages and cuddle kitties. There's always something needing to be done, I think. So good of you to be willing to share your mama a bit. That's really, really nice of you, I think.

GLOGIRLY said...

Glogirly told me the bee movie was really good! I hope you enjoy it. xo
; ) Katie & Glogirly

Oui Oui said...

Our mom would love to volunteer one day. It will probably have to wait until she retires unfortunately!

Shaggy and Scout said...

Scooby & I were littermates. We were 6 years old when mom adopted us. Our original mom wanted us to go together but no one she knew wanted two kitties. And I was the one who had an offer for a home, Scooby was more standoffish and hissy to strangers so no one was interested in him. The lady was ready to seperate us because there seemed to be no choice. I would go to the one who wanted me and Scooby would go to a shelter. Then mom Lynne spoke up for us. She said she would not let that happen and we came to live with her. We miss Scooby. -Shaggy